Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2010 August 24 - Morning Manna

Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments. They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word. I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight. Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts. Let those that fear thee turn unto me, and those that have known thy testimonies. Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed. (Psalms 119:73-80)


Today's Morsel: What would you do if you brought a pre-fabricated building that you wanted to put together, and you got it home and it didn't have any instructions in the box to tell you how to do it? Would you be upset or would you call the place you purchased it from and ask for the instructions? Even though we may be a little upset, we would probably call for the instructions on how to assemble it. Trying to assemble something and not knowing how it is suppose to go together is useless.

The Psalmist said, "Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments." His prayer is a prayer of wanting to know how to live his life, to do right, so that when others that are doing right see him, that they, too, will be glad. And so he's saying, "God you made me, but now I need the instructions so I can learn the rules for my life and make it work right." Have you prayed and asked God for the instructions for your life? Well, the Bible is the instruction book for every life. Within its pages is everything we must be, know, and do! For me, my life has been so much better and easier to live since I learned the rules for it. It's hard to play the game if you don't know the rules or if the rules are always changing. And it's hard to live an abundant life if you don't know the rules. That's why Jesus made one Book for all - the Bible. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Let me encourage you today, read it to know, and know it to live.

Sing: Show me Your ways, that I may walk with You. Show me Your ways, I put my hope in You.

Chorus: The cry of my heart is to love You more, to live with the touch of Your hand. Stronger each day, show me Your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment