Wednesday, August 25, 2010

2010 August 25 - Morning Manna

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
(Psalms 91:1-4)

Today's Morsel: When we were kids, we played the game called "Hide and Seek." You hide and others would seek for you. I always had this one place where no one could find me. I felt that it was a really neat place, because if they couldn't find me, I would be classified as the winner. That's how it should be with the Lord. Each of us should have that special place where we can go to get alone with Him and that place where no one knows where you are. Just a place where you can enjoy His presence and not have to worry about the hustle and bustle of life. A place where you can enjoy a quiet time. A time of rest and enjoyment. A time of peace and serenity. I believe that Jesus has such a place for you and it's under His wings. I believe that when we submit our will to His will, we will find that secret place in Him. And not only that, but when you fall into Jesus' arms and allow Him to caress you, you should feel safe and secure within Him.

Now I want you to read today's scripture passage again, but this time put your name in the blank:

When __________ dwelleth in the secret place of the most High ______shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. _______ will say of the LORD, He is __________ refuge and ________ fortress: ________ God; in him will _________trust. Surely he shall deliver _________ from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover _________ with his feathers, and under his wings shalt ___________ trust: his truth shall be __________shield and buckler.

Anytime you are seeking confirmation from God's Word to aid you in your situation, just read the scriptures and put your name in them. "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me" the psalmist said. (Psalms 119:50).

Sing: I come to the garden alone, While the dew is still on the roses, And the voice I hear falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own, and the joy we share as we tarry there, none other, has ever, known!

No comments:

Post a Comment