Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2010 August 18 - Morning Manna

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name (Psalms 63:1-4).


Today's Morsel: Have you ever had one of those moments when you were thirsty for something and you didn't know what it was? Sometimes we don't like the wilderness experience. Wildernesses are barren and often times dry. But what I find in scripture is that every leader that God sent into the wilderness came out more powerful and ready to lead. So that lets me know that sometimes God has to get us alone to be with Him and away from everyone else. King David often found himself in the wilderness, but if you will notice, he was also looking for that living water, Jesus, to be there with him. He wanted to see God's power and glory the way he had seen it in the sanctuary before. And so he said, "Early will I rise up and seek thee." What time do you get up in the morning. Israel had to get the manna early. You see it doesn't matter where you are, if you seek for God you can find Him. As a saint of God, you have the promise that He won't leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). If you feel that you are in trouble, He says call upon me (Psalms 50:15). He says if you are weary and tired, come unto Him(Matthew 11:28-30). If you need the Holy Ghost, He says ask for it (Luke 11:13). The writer of Hebrews tells you that when you come to God, you must believe that He is a rewarder to them that seek Him (Hebrews 11:6). So to reconnect with the Source of power in the wilderness, you only have to worship and praise Him. You will see that He right there waiting on you.

Sing: Thy lovingkindness, is better than life! Thy lovingkindness, is better than life! My lips shall praise thee, thus will I bless thee; I will lift up my hands unto thy name.

Oh I will lift up my hand unto thy name. I will lift up my hand unto thy name. My lips shall praise thee, thus will I bless thee; I will lift up my hand unto thy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment