Friday, July 16, 2010

2010 July 17 - Morning Manna

But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth" (Psalms 86:15)


Today's Morsel: A few days ago, I was standing in line behind a lady and her daughter at the checkout counter at the store. The young daughter had talked her mom into letting her purchase a toy animal, with the indication that the daughter had enough money to pay for it at checkout. When the register rang up the price and included the taxes, the young girl found that she was a dollar and ten cents short of what she needed. The mom told her she would have to put it back because she hadn't brought enough money in the store to pay for it and she wasn't going to the car to get more to pay for it. As I was about ready to tell the cashier that I would pay for it, he pulled out his wallet and told the young girl, "Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it for you." That's compassion. That's mercy. That's being gracious. I think that at one time or another many of us have found ourselves short at the checkout and someone helped us. I know I have, and that is why I'm quick to reciprocate for others. One day we are going to come to the "checkout counter", and Jesus will be at the register. Will you have enough to pay for your debt, or will you need mercy and compassion from Him? If you think you may come up short, why not begin now by having compassion and mercy on others. We always reap what we sow.

Sing: To be like Jesus! To be like Jesus! On earth I long, to be like Him. All through life's journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment