Sunday, July 11, 2010

2010 July 12 - Morning Manna

The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction (Proverbs 1:1-7).


Today's Morsel: I love talking with children. It seems that children today are some of the smartest people you can talk with. I just love listening to some of their conversations. Most kids just don't take what you say for granted, they always want to know "WHY?" Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). In order to have an understanding, you have to ask "Why". Solomon said that the Proverbs are so that we would know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; and to receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity. I read a chapter of Proverbs every day. And I can only say that I wished I had started reading it at an earlier age in my life. I can truly say that by reading it, I have obtained wisdom, instruction, and understanding. I have learned when to speak and when to be quiet. I have learned how to treat others. I have learned how to just be a listening ear. I have learned how to lead more effective. I have learned how to be a brother to my brethren, and a better father to my chilren. Not only have I learned these things, but I've learned from the Word of God why I should do them. Solomon also tell us, "Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:9-10). The Proverbs are instructions for ever believer and the more we study them and apply them, the more we become like Christ. James said, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5). Solomon's first request of the Lord was, "Give me an understanding heart (wisdom) that I may lead your people," and it was given to him.

Sing: Show me Your ways, that I may walk with You. Show me Your ways, I put my hope in You.

Chorus: The cry of my heart is to love You more, to live with the touch of Your hand; stronger each day, show me Your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment