Saturday, January 5, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 January 2019

Priority

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).

Today’s Morsel:  Every time I go to purchase an airline ticket, they always want to know if I want to purchase priority seating.  When I ask what does that mean?  They say that you get to board first, and your seat will offer you more leg room.  Even though I might be treated more important by their standard, I always want to say to them, I don’t think that’s priority.  To me, priority is what Paul wrote to the church, “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18). Friend that’s priority boarding and seating.

Sing:  I’ll fly away, Oh glory! I’ll fly away.  When I see Jesus coming after me, I’ll fly away.


Thought For Today:  You won't have to worry about leg room on flight 416.

No comments:

Post a Comment