Thursday, January 31, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 January 2019

Vivify

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:1-9).

Today’s Morsel:  It’s amazing sometimes how God has made us.  My wife will say to me, Where is that scripture in the Bible that says....…?  And I’m immediately quickened by the spirit to the place or scripture where it is in the Bible.  To Vivify means to quicken, enlighten, give life to, to breathe new life, to make alive.  Paul said, “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”  Notice, God quickens us.  One moment I was in sin and the next moment I was filled with His Spirit and walking in newness of life.  Just like that.  And Paul said that’s how it’s going to be when He returns for His church.  “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed” (1 Corinthians 15:51-52).  Because we have been changed, let's share the news and vivify others.

Sing:  I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore.  Very deeply stained with sin sinking to rise no more.  But the master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me now safe am I.
Love lifted me!  Love lifted me!  When nothing else could help, love lifted me.  Love lifted me!  Love lifted me!  When nothing else could help, love lifted me.


Thought For Today:  Vivify!

No comments:

Post a Comment