Thursday, January 3, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 January 2019

Admission

“Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture” (John 10:7-9)

Today’s Morsel:  I’ve noticed that the admission fees to get into the places that I want to see or visit are getting pricier.  But when I ask why, no one seems to be able to give me an answer.  We hear a lot of jokes about the apostle Peter being at the pearly gates letting people in, but I’m not sure that this is the case.  Jesus said I am the door.  That means the only way in is by Him.  He told Nicodemus, “Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5).  That’s the admission charge; no one will just be able to waltz into heaven without being born again.  You can’t pay an admission fee for yourself or someone else to get in.

Sing: I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter his courts with praise.  I will say that this is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice for he has made me glad. He has made me glad, He has made me glad, I will rejoice for he has made me glad. He has made me glad, He has made me glad, I will rejoice for he has made me glad.


Thought For Today:  You can’t pay for anyone to get into heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment