Saturday, January 12, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 January 2019

Sight Without Vision

“And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha” 
(2 Kings 6:15-17).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things I see a lot of in the church today is that folks have sight but no vision.  To have vision is to have divine communication, prophecy, and revelation.  It is without vision that one perishes. When Jesus asked His disciples who did men say that He was (Matthew 16:13)?  It was Peter who had vision. While the others saw Jesus, they did not know.  And Jesus said to Peter, “Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 16:17). Continual sin in a person who says that they are born-again, is a life without vision.  Clear your vision by seeking the Lord daily, drawing close to Him through prayer and reading of the word.  When you seek Him, you find who He is.  

Sing:  Open the eyes of my heart Lord, Open the eyes of my heart, I want to see You, I want to see You.  Open the eyes of my heart Lord, Open the eyes of my heart, I want to see You, I want to see You.  To see You high and lifted up, shining in the light of Your Glory.  Pour out Your power and love as we sing holy, holy, holy.  I want to see You.

Thought For Today: Sight without vision is dangerous (Parker)


No comments:

Post a Comment