Saturday, June 7, 2014

2014 June 7 - Morning Manna

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15-16)
 
Today's Morsel: " Please watch your step!" "Caution, slippery when wet!" "No running in the hall!"  Isn't it amazing that most people will obey some warning signs, but not the warning signs that come from God's word?  God's word is filled with warning of how we should walk.  Paul's warning to the church, was that we should walk cautiously and careful because the days are evil.  You don't have to look very far to see that these are evil times that we are now living in.  Therefore, we must ensure that the path we are on is not filled with booby traps, pungi pits, or a path that will ensnare us, and cause us to fall from our eternal salvation. We need the light of God's word to guide us both day and night.  Remember, the enemy is always setting traps, but Jesus has given us a light for our pathway (Psalms 119:105).
 
Sing: As I travel through this pilgrim land there is a friend who walks with me, leads me safely through the sinking sand, it is the Christ of Calvary; This would be my prayer, dear Lord, each day to help me do the best I can, for I need Thy light to guide me day and night, blessed Jesus, hold my hand.
Chorus: Jesus! hold my hand, Lord I need Thee every hour, Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power; Hear my feeble plea, O Lord, look down on me, When I kneel in prayer I hope to meet you there, Blessed Jesus hold my hand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment