Saturday, June 14, 2014

2014 June 14 - Morning Manna

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. (1 John 5:4)

Today's Morsel: One of the best ways to overcome something is face it head on.  The way you face fear is to take it head on.  When I was a kid, we lived on a farm and we grew tobacco.  After each week's harvest, at the end of the day, we would have to hang the tobacco in a barn that was at least 20-25 feet high.  And it always took two men to do it.  When I was about 14 or 15 years old, my dad always kept me on the bottom tier (which was at least 6 to 8 feet off the ground) so that if I fell off my tier, I would only fall about 6 to 8 feet to the ground.  But once I had the knowledge of what I was doing and how to do it, he put me up top.  And now if I fell, it would be anywhere from 20 to 25 feet to the ground.  And so I learned very quickly how to overcome my fear of heights.  When we are born of God, John said, we overcome the world.  Because our faith is no longer in others or ourselves, but in Christ, we can conquer the fear of this world and what it can do to us.  I'm not afraid to take the world head on because it no longer has a hold on me.  The earth is His footstool, Jesus said.  And that is where I have Satan, he's right under my feet.  He under Jesus' feet, every time you stand up, it should be a reminder to you, that he (Satan) and this world are under your feet as well.  Are you an overcomer?
 
Sing: O' victory in Jesus, My Savior forever, He sought me and He brought me with His redeeming Blood.  He loved me ere I knew Him and all my love is due Him, He plunged me to victory, beneath the cleansing flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment