Friday, June 27, 2014

2014 June 27 - Morning Manna

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.   (Acts 2:37-42)
 
Today's Morsel:  I have had to make some major decisions in my life and I'm sure that you have, too. Some of them were pretty easy, but then there were those that you get that questionable feeling within. Should I or shouldn't I?  But the one major decision that all of us have to someday make, if we haven't already done so, is the one about our salvation, and that is the only one that really matters in the grand scheme of things. "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.  (2 Corinthians 6:2)."  Have you considered this decision?  What did you decide?
 
Sing: I know I'm saved and I'm so glad about it, I found the joy my spirit craved.  It is so real, that I could never doubt it, oh praise the Lord, I know I'm saved.
 
Thought For Today: " Have you considered eternity lately?"

No comments:

Post a Comment