Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 May 2021

 

Rank

 

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.(Luke 12:48)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When I was in the military, we operated under two promotional systems:  Rank and Grade.  Rank was based on our status, position, and responsibilities.  Grade was based on pay.  Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.  Rank went from Private to Command Sergeant Major.  Grade for pay went from E-1 to E-9.  With each rank came more authority, responsibility, and trust.  Scripture states, “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.”  As a Christian, we should be more concerned with rank than grade.  When God gives you rank, it means that He has reposed special trust and confidence in your abilities to do His will through your life.  Do not worry about the pay grade, your reward is in heaven.

 

Sing:  I’m going to serve the Lord any way that I can.  I’m going to serve the Lord any way that I can.  I’m gonna serve in the morning, serve Him all day long.  I’m gonna serve the Lord anyway that I can.

 

Thought For Today: “Rank does not confer privilege or give power.  It imposes responsibility.”

No comments:

Post a Comment