Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 May 2021

                                     Obedience When It Seems Impossible


 And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the LORD said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the LORD. And call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou shalt do: and thou shalt anoint unto me him whom I name unto thee. And Samuel did that which the LORD spake, and came to Bethlehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, Comest thou peaceably? And he said, Peaceably: I am come to sacrifice unto the LORD: sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice. And he sanctified Jesse and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice.

 (1 Samuel 16:1-5)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about obedience is often it is not popular.  Especially when everyone else is doing wrong and you are the one doing right.  Joseph's brethren hated him in a sense because he was obedient, and they were not.  When you take on the character trait of obedience, others are not going to like you, especially when your obedience exposes their evil and wrongdoing.  When God rejected King Saul, from being king of Israel, He sent Samuel to anoint David as the new king.  But Samuel was afraid because he knew that if Saul found out he would kill him.  Samuel desired to obey God, but he knew that it was impossible without God’s help.  And so God told him what to do.  The next time God asks you to do something that you see is impossible because it could cost you your job or life, seek God for directions.  He will bring it to fruition, and you will be blessed.

 

Sing:  Trust and obey, for there’s no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

 

Thought For Today: Obedience is better than sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment