Saturday, May 22, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 May 2021

 

Don’t Defile the Temple

 

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
 
(1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I can remember once when I was in the Army, one of my male soldiers came to work on a Monday morning with a Band-Aid on his ear.  It was done at a time when body piercing and tattooing were becoming a fad in the world but male soldiers were forbidden to pierce their ears.  I asked his leaders what had happened to him?  And they did not have an answer.  So I asked them to bring the soldier to see me. When the soldier came into my office, I asked him what was wrong with his ear?  He was shocked.  But he told me that he had gotten his ear pierced and he needed to keep it covered so it did not get infected.  When I told him that he could be punished for the destruction of government property, he was shocked even more.  Paul told the church at Corinth that they were the temple of God and if they defiled the temple, God would destroy them. We need to understand, when we become born again, we do not continue to follow the trends of this world.  Know ye not," Paul says, "that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.(1 Corinthians 6:15)  We are called to be holy and set apart for the Lord's use.  We don’t advertise on our bodies anything that would defile God’s temple.  Remember, we must be holy because He is holy!

 

Sing: Holiness, Holiness, is what I long for; Holiness is what I need.   Holiness, Holiness, is what I long for.  So, take my heart, transform it, take my hands and use it, for your, for your Oh Lord.

 

Thought For Today: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.(1 Peter 1:15-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment