Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 May 2021

 

The Past

 

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Writing to the church at Philippi, the apostle Paul states, Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.(Philippians 3:13-14)  Our past life should be a springboard that motivates us and pushes us forward.  If we would pause for a moment and see where we are, we can see that our past life awarded us no dividends.  But now in Christ, we can often see what God has done for us, where He has brought us from, and where He may be leading us.  I have heard folks say, “Man I remember the good old days.”  I will agree to a point that there were some good times, but we cannot remain in the past and wait for them to again return.  We must go on to perfection.  The past is not a place for you to remain.  It is a springboard to move you forward.  There is a future ahead of you.  It is called heaven.  So, keep pressing on.

 

Sing:  Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face, There to sing forever of His saving grace.  On the streets of glory, let me lift my voice; cares all passed, home at last, ever to rejoice.

 

Thought For Today: The past should be a springboard, not a hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment