Monday, April 26, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 April 2021

 

Thorns On Roses

 

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.(2 Corinthians 12:7-9)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Some people complain because God put thorns on roses, while others praise Him for putting roses among thorns.  We can always find something to complain about when we do not like something or we are not educated on the why’s.  If you know that roses have thorns and they hurt if you grab them wrong, it is not God's fault that you get pricked.  Paul wanted God to take his thorn in the flesh away, but God did not.  Maybe you have some thorns in your flesh and you want God to remove them.  Chances are He will not because His grace is sufficient for you, too.  God desires us to learn how to operate in the environment we find ourselves in. And sometimes that might mean working and being around people that give us a hard time or become a hindrance to what we are trying to do.  You know, those thorns in our flesh.  As I told the church I once pastored, we may not be nailed to the cross like Jesus, but others can cause us just as much pain so that we get to feel what He (Jesus) went through.


Sing:  Take the name of Jesus with you, child of sorrow and of woe; it will joy and comfort give you, take it then wherever you go.

Precious name, O how sweet!  Hope of earth and joy of heaven. Precious name, O how sweet! Hope for earth and joy of heaven.

 

Thought For Today:  Roses are red, violets are blue, wear gloves next time so they don’t prick you!

No comments:

Post a Comment