Saturday, April 24, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 April 2021

 

Sitting On The Premises


But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

(Hebrews 6:9-12)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Do you ever wonder what could be accomplished if everybody in the church used their talents and abilities to advance the kingdom?  Why is it that 100% of the work in the church is done by 10% of the people?  Why is it that people can sing and shout but not labor?  Why is it that many can sing “Standing on the Promises” when all they do is sit on the premises?  The writer of Hebrews states, 'But, beloved, we are persuaded of better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.'  Salvation for those who may not know means it is time to go to work.  As Paul told the church at Thessalonica, “Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.” (2 Thessalonians 3:9-14)  That’s some pretty strong language.  It is tight, but it is right.  We must not be slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

 

Sing:  When He calls me, I will answer.  When He calls me, I will hear? When He calls me, I will answer I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.

I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.  I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

 

Thought For Today: If you don’t work, you don’t eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment