Saturday, April 10, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 April 2021

 

The Holy Ghost

 

“And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.” (Acts 19:1-2)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?  Most people will answer this question with a quick ‘Yes”.  But ask yourself, have you really?  How do you know?  Well, the only evidence we have in scripture is they spoke in tongues.  I do not see or read any other evidence mentioned in scripture to cause me to believe otherwise. I find that for some unknown reason, many churches and people are afraid to say that they have received the Holy Ghost speaking with other tongues.  Tongues is just evidence that you have received the Holy Ghost.  “And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then answered Peter, can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?” (Acts 10:45-47)  If you have never received the Holy Ghost, why not pray and ask God to fill you with His Spirit.  "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)  It is a free gift. you know.  And the best gift you will ever receive.  

 

Sing:  I've got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said.  I've got the Holy Ghost down in my soul, just like the Bible said.  Well, I've been to the water and I've been baptized in Jesus' name, my soul got happy and I’m so satisfied; I wouldn’t take nothing for my journey now, just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible said.

 

Thought For Today: “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment