Thursday, April 29, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 April 2021

 

God’s Warning Systems

 

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.(Acts 24:14-16)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Within every one of us, God has placed His warning system.  It is called our conscience.  It is our inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of our behavior.  It alerts us to danger, wrong, suspicion, and distrust.  It guides us to do right versus wrong. Therefore, we should be happy when it warns us and worried when it does not.  Those whose conscience does not alert them to wrong have had theirs seared with a hot iron.  Their consciences are closed and hardened, and past feelings.  They have no regard for what they say or do, they commit the most shocking impieties, and are people of the most dishonorable characters, and of the most enormous and outrageous lives and conversations.  Is your warning system working?  “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.(John 16:13)  

 

Sing: I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord.  I’ve got my mind made up to serve the Lord.  I’ve got my mind made up to serve the Lord.  I’ve got my mind made up to serve the Lord.

 

Thought For Today:  Always listen to your built-in warning system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment