Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 April 2021

 

The Oak Tree

 

But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.(Isaiah 6:13)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When I grew up in North Carolina, we heated our home with wood.  Most of the time we used oak wood.  Oak trees are hardwood and burn longer and give off good heat.  The Lord told Isaiah that as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves, so He would be the substance thereof.  The oak tree is just a little nut that stood its ground.  We cannot be established by wickedness.  But if we root ourselves in righteousness, which is a characteristic and attribute of God, we too will never be removed.  Are you rooted in Christ?

 

Sing:  Glory hallelujah! I shall not be moved.  Anchored in Jehovah, and I shall not be moved.  Just like a tree that’s planted by the waters; I shall not be moved.

I shall not be, I shall not be moved; I shall not be, I shall not be moved.  Just like a tree that’s planted by the waters, I shall not be moved.

 

Thought For Today: The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment