Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 7 April 2021

 

Spiritual Behavior

 

I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.(Psalms 101:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the greatest effects the gospel has on a person’s life is the change in one’s behavior.  Anyone who says that they are born-again, and yet their behavior is not changed to cause them to be like Christ really is not born-again.  The application of the gospel to a person's life brings about newness of life.  Old things are passed away and all things become new.  If we say that we have Christ in us, then John states that we ought to walk the way that He (Jesus) walked (1 John 2:6).  Micah tells us what the Lord requires of us. “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” (Micah 6:8)  We must learn to exercise good sound judgment and justice, we must show mercy, and we must walk humbly.  To change our behavior requires us to change our thinking, as spiritual behavior requires us to behave in a wise and perfect way.

Sing:  I want to live the way He wants me to live.  I want to give until there's just no more to give.  I want to love, love till there’s just no more love.  I could never, never out love the Lord.

 

Thought For Today:  Christian character always counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment