Thursday, April 22, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 April 2021

 

Servants

 

Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men” 

(Colossians 3:22-23)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I have noticed today is that no one wants to be a servant anymore.  The word does not sit well with folks even though many of them are just that, servants.  The trash man felt he was being degraded by being called the trash man, and so to be politically correct they started to call him a domestic engineer.  The teacher did not like being called a teacher anymore, even though that is what they were, and so to be politically correct, they started to call them educators.  The list could go on and on.  But really, whether a burger flipper at the Golden Arches or where the King Has Lost His Marbles if you are not the owner and you get paid by someone else, you are a servant.  I thank my God that I have had the opportunity to serve.  Even when I had to work for others in the fields, I can now see good Biblical principles that were associated with it.  Jesus said that He did not come to be ministered to, but the minister.  That does not mean to preach but rather to serve.  When He (Jesus) made the comment that the last shall be first and the first last, He was referring to being a servant.  Being willing to put others before ourselves.  There is nothing better on earth than being a servant!

 

Sing:  Jesus hold my hand; Lord I need Thee every hour. Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power.  Hear my feeble plea, O’ Lord look down on me; when I kneel in prayer, I know You’ll meet me there, blessed Jesus hold my hand.

 

Thought For Today:  There is a name for people who are not excited about being a servant…unemployed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment