Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 April 2021

 

Lost In The House

Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.(Luke 15:8-10)

 

Today’s Morsel: Are you aware that you can be lost in the house?  There are many folks who go to church every week and yet they are lost right in the church house.  Some folks go to church and pray aloud like the Pharisee that Jesus spoke of, and yet they are still filled with complaint, murmuring, gossip, backbiting, fornication, and all evil works of the flesh.  Why is it that folks who go to church seem to have a harder time transforming and living for God?  Why don’t they understand that serving God is a lifetime commitment?  It is not a part-time commitment.  The Apostle Paul, and Ruth, show us what a true Christian ought to act like.  They both were committed to the end.  Jesus states, “Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.(Matthew 7:21-23)  Don’t find yourself lost in the house.  Believe me, not everyone goes to heaven, not even folks who go to church.

 

Sing:  There was a time on earth when in the book of heaven, an old account was standing for sins yet unforgiven, my name was at the top and many things below, but I went unto the keeper and settled it long ago.

Long ago, down on my knees, long ago, I settled it all, yes the old account was settled long ago; and my records clear today for He washed my sins away when the old account was settled long ago.

 

Thought For Today: Don’t find yourself lost in the house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment