Monday, August 5, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 August 2019


Eat Like You Mean It

“Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.” (Isaiah 55:1-2)

Today’s Morsel: When I was a kid, I never saw a buffet or all you can eat restaurant. Other than maybe once a quarter at church potluck dinners. And you never knew what was in those pots. You just prayed and moved on.  I was in line at a church dinner once, and this guy in front of me, not to small, had on a T-Shirt which stated, “I hope you are in front of me in the food line, because when I’m done there will be nothing left.” He was going to eat like he meant it. The Lord said through the Prophet Isaiah, “Ho, everyone that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.” Jesus said that they that hunger and thirst after righteousness shall be filled. If you really want to know more about Jesus Christ, why don’t you get into the bread of life, the Word, and start eating like you mean it.

Sing: Here’s my cup Lord, I lift it up Lord, come and quench, this thirsting of my soul; bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more, here’s my cup, fill it up, and make me whole.

Thought For Today: Better eat your Wheaties.

No comments:

Post a Comment