Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 August 2019


What To Keep An Eye On

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:12-16)

Today’s Morsel:  Have you lost focus of who you are? It seems that many are keeping up with everything but themselves. I wonder if this is the reason why the flesh is out of controlWhy so many churches have lost their way.  Paul told Timothy until he comes to take heed to himself, and the doctrine.  If we are not alert to ourselves, we can allow anything to come in.  We must be sober, be vigilant; because our adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour, Peter said (1 Peter 5:8).  You must examine yourself daily, to ensure you are remaining in the faith and that nothing has crept in unaware. If you don’t watch yourself, I guarantee you Satan will.

Sing: He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bonds of prison for me.  I’m glory bound my Jesus to see, glory to God, He set me free.

Thought For Today: Keep an eye on yourself.    

No comments:

Post a Comment