Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 August 2019


Help and Shield

O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron. He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.” (Psalms 115:9-14)

Today’s Morsel:  Often, when I read scripture, I wonder what went through the minds of the enemies of Israel’s when they knew that they could not defeat them and that the creator of the world was with them and fighting for them.  We see this time after time in scripture.  But the Israelites don’t seem to realize it, nor do they seem to have the faith to believe God for what He says.  The Psalmist admonished Israel to trust in the Lord because He was their help and shield.  In other words, God would help them and protect them.  Jesus always helpthose who trust in Him.  He is able to help them in the time of trouble (see Psalms 50:15, Isaiah 40:10-13).  They who put their trust in Him will find Him a sure and certain help.  The writer of Hebrews tells us, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)

Sing:  He's  my rock my sword my shield, He’s the wheel in the middle of the wheel, He’s the lily of the valley, the bright and morning star; makes no difference what folks say, I’m going down on my knees and pray, I’m gonna wait, wait right here till Jesus come.

Thought For Today: “The LORD is my strength and my shield.”


No comments:

Post a Comment