Thursday, August 22, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 August 2019




LOVE

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13:34-35)

Today’s Morsel:  Nothing should increase our mutual love one for another more than the revelation that God is love.  True Love is our badge of discipleship.  There is no right or wrong way to love, but there is a beauty and a fullness when you fill your life with multiple types of love, such as eros, philia, and agape.  The reason we may feel unfulfilled with our love life is that we are putting so much into our romantic relationships (Eros) that we’ve neglected our friendships and sometimes even our family members and others (Philia).  John tells us that God is love (1 John 4:8).  If we do not seek for His (Agape) love, that unselfish and charitable love, we will never feel fulfilled and content with love.  

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore.  Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more.  But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry.  From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me.

Thought For Today: Love covereth all sins (Proverbs 1o:12).


No comments:

Post a Comment