Monday, August 19, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 August 2019


True Educators

“For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.” 
(Hebrews 5:12)


Today’s Morsel:  I often wonder why it is so hard to find teachers in the church?  It seems to be hard these days to find true Christian educators.  Folks seem to have time for everything but helping to develop others.  Paul told Timothy, “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:2)  Who are you developing in the word and ways of God?  Who are you spending time trying to develop so that they understand the truth of God’s word?   True educators put God and the kingdom first.  If your pastor asked you to teach a doctrinal class or a lesson on Christian character, would you be ready?  Would you eagerly jump at the opportunity to teach others?  Remember, when Jesus comes again, He’s going to be looking for fruit.  What fruit will He find on your tree?  

Sing: I dreamed I went to heaven, and you were there with me, we walked upon the streets of gold beside the crystal sea.  We heard the angels singing then someone called your name, you turned and saw this young man and was smiling as he came. He said friend you may not know me now, and then he said but wait, you use to teach my Sunday school class when I was only eight.  Every week you would say a prayer before the class would start, and one day when you said that prayer I asked Jesus into my heart.
Chorus: Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a life that was changed. Thank you for giving to the Lord I am so glad you gave.
Thought For Today: Teachers are for the perfecting of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment