Friday, August 9, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 August 2019


Sudden Fear

“Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.” (Proverbs 3:25-26)


Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about fear that I have learned is that it tries to take you by surprise.  It seems to pop-up when you are not expecting it.  It desires to startle you and put you in a state of shock, so you will live with it in your life.  But we must not be afraid of anything terrible that comes unawares, unthought of, or any reports of danger being near at hand.  We must always think ourselves safe in the arms of Jesus.  The best way to conquer fear is to use wisdom and go into areas you may be afraid to go or do the things that you may be afraid to do.  Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10)  Fear will torment you if you let it.  Yet we have Jesus as a strong and mighty tower that we can run into and be safe.  Isn’t it refreshing to know?

Sing:  I’ve got a God who with His angels watches over me. I've got a God who keeps my enemies beneath His feet.  I've got a God who is with me when I’m sick and when I’m feeling well.  I've got a God, I've got a God, and my God never fails.  I’ve got a God. 

Thought For Today: Ain’t scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment