Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:24-26)
Today's Morsel: The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the doctrine of every disciple, the faith of every true believer, the courage of every martyr, the theme of every sermon, and the power of every evangelist. Luke writing the Theophilus wrote that there were many infallible proofs that Jesus had risen. "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence" (Acts 1:1-5). What are some of those infallible proofs?
1. After His resurrection He appeared first to Mary Magdalene out of whom He had cast seven devils. (John 20:11-18)
2. He appeared to the women returning from the grave. Matthew 28:5-10
3. He appeared to Peter. (Luke 24:34)
4. He appeared to the two men on the road to Emmaus. (Luke 24:13-31)
5. He appeared to the apostles when Thomas was not present. (John 20:24-25)
6. He appeared to the apostles when Thomas was present. (John 20:26-29)
7. He appeared to over five hundred brethren. (1 Corinthians 15:6)
8. He was seen of James. (1 Corinthians 15:7)
9. He was seen again by the eleven apostles. (Acts 1:3-12)
10. He was seen by Paul on the road to Damascus. (Acts 9:1-6)
Many of these eyewitnesses died a martyrs' death because they preached the resurrection of Jesus Christ. They were glad to die for a living Christ. If you have received the Holy Ghost, then you, too, are a witness to the infallible proof of His resurrection.
Sing: Alive! Alive! Alive forever more. My Jesus is alive, alive forever more. Alive! Alive! Alive forever more, my Jesus is alive.
Sing Hallelujah! Sing Hallelujah! My Jesus is alive, alive forever more. Sing Hallelujah! Sing Hallelujah! My Jesus is alive.
Thought for Today: Our God's not dead, He is alive.