Friday, April 3, 2015

2015 Apr 3 - Morning Manna

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross" (Philippians 2:5-8).

Today's Morsel:  It has been stated that the death of the Jesus Christ is mentioned more than 120 times in the New Testament, and that it was spoken of many times by the prophets in the Old Testament.  The death of Jesus was vicarious.  He was God's substitute for sinners.  On the cross, Jesus was made sin for the whole world.  Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).  And now if we put our faith in Him, we can become the righteousness of God.  His death was a natural death.  He died just like any other human being.  His death was a preternatural death.  It was not an afterthought with God, it was a forethought with God.  And because it was a forethought, Jesus could say, "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father" (John 10:17-18).  Only God in the form of man could die a vicarious, natural, and preternatural death.  We call today, "Good Friday".  But when you die to this world, through repentance, and you gain an understanding as to why He humbled Himself, and became obedient to death on an old cross, then and only then can you understand why for you, everyday is a "Good Friday."
Sing:  Go ahead drive the nails in My hands, laugh at Me where you stand.  Go ahead, and say it isn't Me, The day will come when you will see, 'Cause I'll rise again. There's no power on earth can tie Me down.  Yes, I'll rise again, death can't keep Me in the ground.
Thought for Today:  Jesus died so that we could live.

No comments:

Post a Comment