Saturday, April 11, 2015

2015 April 11 - Morning Manna

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him... And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" (Colossians 3:17; 23).

Today's Morsel: What would you classify as a hard day's work?  I find that most people I ask these days how they are doing, their first reply is always, "Busy!"  I ask them what they are doing?  And I'm still waiting for them to tell me what they are doing that they are so busy.  Is this a cop-out to make people think that they are hard at work?   Paul said that whatsoever we do in word or deed to do all in the name of the Lord Jesus. That being the case, we should never be busy; because we are laborers together with Him, as Paul said.  And He carries the load.  Jesus said, "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for my yolk is easy and my burdens are light" (Matthew 11:28-30).  Many Christians  use the phrase, "He won't put any more on you than you can handle!"  Again, if this is the case, no Christian should ever be too busy to meet with others, share the gospel, teach a home Bible study, and be at church, since God knows how much we can take.  If you are always (too) busy, you may want to check who your employer is. Because it sure isn't Jesus.

Sing: When He call me, I will answer, when He calls me, I will hear, when He calls me, I will answer, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.
  I'll be somewhere working! I'll be somewhere working! I'll be somewhere working for my Lord! I'll be somewhere working! I'll be somewhere working! I'll be somewhere working for my Lord!

Thought for Today:  Hard work spotlights the character of people: Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all. Sam Ewing, American writer

No comments:

Post a Comment