Thursday, April 16, 2015

2015 April 16 - Morning Manna

Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you? Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
(2 Corinthians 3:1-4).

Today's Morsel:  Often when I am at a conference or in my travels, people will come up to me and say that they know me.  Or they may ask where they know me from.  I usually play it off to see if they can recollect where they know me from.  And they look bewildered for a while, and then they will come back to me and say that they have read my books, or "You are......"  What do people think when they see you?  Do they say, "There goes a Christian?"  Or "Man, that was one of the most nicest people I have ever met in my life."  Paul said that we are epistles known and read of all men.  That means that someone is watching you.  This passage doesn't just apply to the church and the world, it applies inside your home.  Even our children and grandchildren can read our lives.  We should never say that we are Christians and have our lives reflect otherwise. What are people reading off the pages of your life.  What are they going to say about you when this chapter of your life comes to an end?  As a Christian, Christ's attributes and traits of character should always be displayed in our lives.  Rest assured, if others can't read Jesus, the hope of glory, in your life, than neither can you.

Sing: Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning. Give me oil in my lamp I pray. Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning, burning, burning,  keep me burning till the break of day.  

Thought for Today: Somebody is watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment