Tuesday, April 21, 2015

2015 April 21 - Morning Manna

Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper, There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat. But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste? For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always. For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her. (Matthew 26:6-13)

Today's Morsel: I often wonder why Jesus said that wheresoever this gospel is preached, Mary's story should be told for a memorial.   Some may ask what was the big deal.  We see that even some of them that were there saw it as a waste.  How do you see it?  You see, the anointing preserves your body from decay and makes us sons of God.  Paul, writing to the church at Rome stated, "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you"(Romans 8:11).  (See also Romans 8:9)  David said, "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption" (Psalms 16:10).  I believe that Jesus wanted her story told because Mary's story was a type and shadow of receiving the Holy Ghost before we are baptized. You see, the Holy Ghost was not yet given because that Jesus was not yet glorified, John said (John 7:37-39).  Some people receive the Holy Ghost (the anointing) before they are baptized (buried with Christ).  Was this why Jesus wanted her story told?  I think that every story and account written in scripture has a direct correlation with our relationship and well-being with Christ.  And the anointing is no exception.

Sing: Anointing fall on me. Anointing fall on me. Let the power of the Holy Ghost fall on me, Anointing fall on me.

Thought for Today: "Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9).

No comments:

Post a Comment