Thursday, April 2, 2015

2015 April 2 - Morning Manna

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. (Exodus 12:12-13)


Today's Morsel: As I drive by car dealerships, I notice the price tags on the windows of some of the vehicles ranging anywhere from $12,000 to $48,000.  And I see that many folks are driving these vehicles.  And then I ask myself, I wonder how many of them are driving without car insurance. And then there is life insurance.  I'm always getting these letters in the mail offering me an opportunity to purchase insurance.  However, at my age they will only offer me a term life policy.  You see most insurance companies want you to buy a term life policy in hopes that you will outlive the term.  If that happens, you are out of your money.  My wife and I were in Old Country Buffet (OCB) one day, and an elderly gentleman and his wife came over by our table.  As we began to converse, he told me that he was a retired insurance salesman.  And when he asked me what I did, I told him that I was an insurance salesman, too.  He said, "Really, what company?  I said, Jesus Christ, INC."  And then I let him know that I only sell whole life policies.  He really got a good laugh out of it.  God didn't want the children of Israel to leave out of Egypt without insurance.  And so he told Moses that everyone was to take blood and place it upon the door post.  "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you."  The blood was to serve as their life insurance, and it serves as yours and mine today as well.  Are you insured?  Don't settle for term life, but take out a whole life policy.  "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ"(1 Thessalonians 5:23).

Sing:  When I see the blood. When I see the blood. When I see the blood, I will pass, I will pass over you.

Thought for Today:  The blood of Jesus Christ still has protective power.

No comments:

Post a Comment