Monday, April 20, 2015

2015 April 20 - Morning Manna

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Genesis 1:31)
  
Today's Morsel: I can remember in school when we did good on a test paper, our teacher would sometimes write "Very good" on the top of our paper with a smiley face.  And then there were those times when we had to stand and give an oral report, and the teacher would  say, "Very good!"   Scripture says that when God created the heavens and the earth, when He was completed, "And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was "very good."  Notice, everything was "Very good."   So if God made everything "Very good", where did so much evil come from?  I find what I believe to be the answer.  "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes" (Judges 17:6); "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me" (Romans 7:17).  In the world today we seem to have few, if any, leaders who are willing to take a stand against sin and wrong.  Yet the church must take a stand and not fear what man can do unto them.  The church still has the answer to the world's problems.   You see, this is one of the reasons that after a person who has been an abuser, murderer, drunkard, or molester, becomes born again and their life is changed, and they become ministers of the gospel, it is because the "Very good" was always there from the beginning because that's how God makes us.  They just had to have the sinful heart washed cleaned through the blood of the Lamb,  and then the "Very good" could be restored.  

Sing: He's changing me, my blessed Savior, I'm not the same person that I used to be. Well, it's been slow going, but there's a knowing, that someday perfect I will be.

Thought for Today: Obedience to the gospel will bring out the very good in any man (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment