Monday, October 6, 2014

2014 October 6 - Morning Manna

And David left his carriage in the hand of the keeper of the carriage, and ran into the army, and came and saluted his brethren. And as he talked with them, behold, there came up the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, out of the armies of the Philistines, and spake according to the same words: and David heard them. And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him, and were sore afraid. And the men of Israel said, Have ye seen this man that is come up? surely to defy Israel is he come up: and it shall be, that the man who killeth him, the king will enrich him with great riches, and will give him his daughter, and make his father's house free in Israel. And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?
(1 Samuel 17:22-26)


Today's Morsel: The sign of a true man of God is seen when he is challenged.  If he becomes flustered, bothered, angered, upset, afraid, and agitated, he's not made perfect in love.  When a man is perfected in his love for God and others, he can face any challenge and walk away victorious because he knows in whom he believes.  David saw Goliath as a challenge while everyone else saw him as a mountain that could not be overcome.  Maybe this is where we get the saying, "The bigger they come, the harder they fall."  Goliath sure fell.  David didn't see Goliath as a problem to himself.  He knew what God had already done for him.  And so he was not afraid to face him.  David figured that if God gave him the strength to deal with a bear and a lion he would give him the strength to deal with this giant.  When you are aware of what God has done for you, no problem or challenge should cause you to fear.  You should just see every situations as an opportunity for God to work on your behalf.

Sing: I've got a God who with His angels watches over me, I've got a God who with His angels puts my enemy beneath my feet, I got a God who's with me when I'm sick and when I'm feeling well, I've got a God!  I've got a God, and my God never fails, I've got a God!

Thought for Today: Challenges should be seen as just bumps in the road. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment