Thursday, October 16, 2014

2014 October 16 - Morning Manna

He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good. (Proverbs 19:8)

Today's Morsel:  As I get older, I find myself praying more for the wisdom of God.  I often find myself now studying God's word more than just reading it.  For the past 30 plus years, I have been reading the book of Proverbs every day.  I feel that this is a book of wisdom for men.  I was talking with a minister friend of mine, and I told him, Yyou know, just out of nowhere it seems that God gives Solomon a nugget of gold to drop right in the middle of a passage that doesn't seem to apply to anything I was reading about."  For example, I had read the book of Chronicles  for years, and then Bruce Wilkerson, comes along and stumbles across the prayer of Jabez and makes million. "And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested" (1 Chronicles 4:10).  Look at the wisdom in this passage.  All he did was pray and ask God to bless him and enlarge his coast, keep him from evil, and God granted it to him.  This wisdom was found stuck right in the middle of a bunch of names.  So if we aren't careful, we can read right across wisdom.  I don't know about you, but I am going to keep searching for the wisdom in God's word.  I want to be rich in the things of God so that I may find what is good and know how to do what is good. "But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased" (Hebrews 13:16).

Sing: He gets sweeter and sweeter as the days go by, oh what a love between my Lord and I; I keep falling in love with Him, over and over and, over and over again.


Thought for Today: A soul without knowledge is not good. (King Solomon)

No comments:

Post a Comment