Saturday, October 11, 2014

2014 October 11 - Morning Manna

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.  How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? (John 5:39-47)

Today's Morsel: I'm sure some of you have read autobiographies of people before you ever meet them, and once you meet them you are somewhat surprised as they don't look anything like the book you read because of the picture that you drew in your mind of them.  An autobiography is supposed to be a true story.
Many people today read their Bibles the same as the people did in Jesus day.   When they saw and met Him, He was nothing like what they had read of Him.  They were totally confused and were looking for someone else.  They kicked Him out of the temple, ran Him out of town, and called Him a fraud, all because of the picture they had drawn in their minds of Him.   John said, "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:10-14).  When the religious leaders began to question Jesus of His authority and power, He told them to search the scriptures for they testified of Him.  In other words, He was telling them that the Old Testament was part of My autobiography.  And if you had read it, you should have known who I AM!

Sing: [Verse 1]
I am the Lord, I'm the Almighty God, I am the One for whom nothing is too hard, I am the Shepherd and I am the Door, 
I am the Good News to the bound and the poor

[Chorus]

I am, I am, I am, I am.

[Verse 2]
I am the Righteous One and I am the Lamb, I am the Ram in the bush for Abraham, I am the ultimate Sacrifice for sin
I am your Redeemer, the Beginning and the End. (Chorus)

[Verse 3]
I am Jehovah , And I am the King, I am Messiah, David's offspring.  I am your High Priest and I am the Christ, I am the Resurrection, I am the Light.  (Chorus)

[Verse 4]
I am the Bread and I am the Wine, I am your Future so leave your past behind, I am the One in the midst of two or three, I am your Tabernacle, I am your Jubilee (Chorus)

Thought for Today: Everybody ought to know who Jesus is!  (G.T. Haywood)

No comments:

Post a Comment