Friday, October 31, 2014

2014 October 31 - Morning Manna

My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart. God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready. He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors. Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. (Psalms 7:10-15)

Today's Morsel: The only difference between a ditch and a rut is depth.  The longer you stay in a rut, the sooner it will become a ditch.  The Psalmist said that the wicked made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.  Solomon said, "Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him" (Proverbs 26:27).  So my question to you today is, are you causing your own troubles?  Are you digging your own ditch?  Are you causing yourself to go deeper and deeper in your lowliness?  If you don't take action and get out of the rut you are in, pretty soon you find yourself in a deep ditch and you can't get out.

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained with sin, sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love, lifted, me.

Thought for Today: Get out of the rut before it becomes a ditch (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment