Monday, October 20, 2014

2014 October 20 - Morning Manna

And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a whoring after other gods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned quickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the LORD; but they did not so. (Judges 2:17)

Today's Morsel: What is it about old habits that are so hard for some people to break.  Even after some people are filled with the Holy Ghost, they still seem to have a hard time overcoming the power of sin.  Paul lets us know that Demas had even forsaken him for this present world.   I believe the determining factor is that one must make up their mind to keep themselves pure.  To overcome old habits, one has to cause their flesh to suffer until they have themselves under complete control.  A person must be willing to stand on their promise of not going back to the old way of life.  Scripture says that the children of Israel would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a whoring after other gods.  They had become use to serving false idols and so when instructions were given to teach them how to live, they did not obey the commandments of the Lord and they turned out of the way of their fathers.  Old habits can be hard to break, therefore, we should make Jesus a "habit" and we will be able to serve Him all the days of our life.

Sing: I've got a made up mind, I've got a final destination. I'm gonna keep on pressing on, to my final destination; gonna burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me, I'm gonna keep on pressing on, till I reach that home sweet home, that new Jerusalem.

Thought for Today: Old habits are hard to break, so make Jesus the main one. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment