Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014 January 28 - Morning Manna



Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me? Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath bringeth the punishments of the sword, that ye may know there is a judgment. (Job 19:23-29)
 
Today's Morsel: When I am reading and studying history of past wars and the wars of ages past,  I thank God that I wasn't serving in the military when they fought with swords, axes, or spears.  Granted we did have bayonets in the wars I fought in, but I never had to use them.  Just the thought of one of those types of weapons sticking or slicing me, sends chills up my spine.  Job told his friends that they should be afraid of the sword, for the wrath (anger and rage) bringeth the punishment of the sword.  John informs us in Revelation 19:15, "And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God" (Revelation 19:15). The writer of Hebrews tells us, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).  And Paul tells us that sword of the spirit is the word of God (Ephesians 6:18).  There is coming a judgment and it will be based on the word of God.  "Jesus cried and said,  He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day" (John 12:44-48). Always remember, your final judgment will be before Jesus, because He is the Word (John 1:1;14).
 
Sing: Search me, O God, and know my heart today, Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray; See if there be some wicked way in me; Cleanse me from every sin, and set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment