Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 January 13 - Morning Manna

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. (Matthew 15:14)
 
Today's Morsel: During night maneuvers in the infantry you travel at a pace where you can see the man in front of you.  We would put luminous tape on the back of our helmets(called cat eyes) so we could see where we were going and we were able to see the person in front of us. Your whole travel and direction depended on the point man.  I have seen nights that the point man all of a sudden disappeared right before my eyes, he had fallen into a ditch.  If I had not been a few meters away from him, I  would have fallen into the ditch, too. I'm afraid that so many today are following blind leaders.  Anytime policies and procedures are implemented by those in leadership that are not in keeping with the Word of God and folks keep following them, pretty soon those folks are going to fall into the ditch.  Jesus said that if the blind lead the blind, they are both going to fall into the ditch.  If people who do not know the doctrine and teachings of Jesus and His apostles are leading you, you are going to fall into the pit.  I always tell the folks in the church that I pastor, know and study your word (The Bible) so that you know if I would begin going wrong and teaching you wrong.  And when you see these things start to come to pass in my life, if I am not in-line with the Word of God, you get off the train at the next stop; don't allow me to lead you into destruction of your soul.  You see, I can say that, because I know that I am going to be held accountable to God for every soul that I lead wrong and away from the truth, so I continue to seek God and ask Him to keep me on the path of truth and righteousness. I tell others to follow me as I follow Christ.
 
Sing:  Follow! Follow! I would follow Jesus! Anywhere, everywhere I would follow on! follow! Follow! I would follow Jesus! everywhere He leads me I would follow on!

No comments:

Post a Comment