Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 January 11 - Morning Manna

"I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man."
(Proverbs 24:30-34)
 
Today's Morsel:  I am afraid that with so many fast food establishments, home delivery meals, and microwave meals, people are being taught slothfulness.  It may not seem that way at first, but I think that the enemy of the soul has realized that if he can get people to follow this way, they will become lazy and depend on someone else to do the work for them.  Even trying to get people to read their Bible seems to be a challenge these days.  With all the social media now available, people say, I listen to it on my MP3, IPAD, or IPhone.  I hate to tell you, but listening to it isn't going to allow you to see what is being said or written. You need a picture of what is being said with your eyes, as a picture is better than a thousand words.  There are so many distractions around you when you are trying to listen to the word, you may just miss the meaning and what is actual being said.  Because of apathy, people are looking for the easy way.  Solomon said that the slothful man will say that there is a lion in the street and will do nothing about it.  He said the slothful is willing to let the lion destroy himself and others.  My wording.  So let me encourage you today, do not be deceived by Satan's devices.  What Solomon presents to us in Proverbs 24:30-34, is that if we are lazy we are going to lose everything we have.
 
Sing: When in service for my Lord, dark may be the night, but I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light, Satan's snares may vex my soul turn my thoughts aside, but my Lord, goes ahead, He leads, where'er betide.
 
O' I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever, of his saving grace, on the streets of glory, let me lift my voice, cares all past home at last ever to rejoice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment