Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 January 3 - Morning Manna

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.  (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
 
Today's Morsel: In the sports world, everyone seems to be running for the corruptible crowns.  I even have a few of them in my office.  I always laugh when people say they want to be like Mike.  Even though Mike may have scored 50 points in a game, most don't know that Wilt The Stilt scored 100 points in a game.  Many fans aren't aware of greats like Jim Brown, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Yogi Berra, Abdujabar, Jesse Owens, and The Brown Boomer.  Even though these men accomplished so much in the sports world for a corruptible crown, they are so soon forgotten. Their accomplishments are soon overtaken by someone else and they are forgotten.  You see that's how it is with worldly crowns, they so soon fade away.  But if we run the righteous race, then when Jesus gives us a crown, He will never forget us, and our crown will not soon pass away.  The crown He gives us will be a crown of righteousness that will last forever.
 
Sing: I'm running for my life, I'm running for my life; I'm running for my life, I'm running for my life. If anyone asks you, what's the matter with me, tell them I'm saved sanctified, Holy Ghost filled, water baptized, I've got Jesus on my mind, and I'm running for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment