Saturday, December 21, 2013

2013 December 21 - Morning Manna

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.   (1 Corinthians 10:13)
 
Today’s Morsel:  Oftentimes, many people have trouble accepting God’s faithfulness when they are faced with uncertainties and infirmities in their lives.  They become somewhat like the man who said to Jesus, “Lord I believe, but help thou my unbelief.”   There is just something about us humans that hinders us from believing that God can do what He said that He would and can do.  So let me encourage you today.  The next time the X-ray comes back and it doesn’t look good, remember that God is still faithful.  When you receive a heartbreaking letter from a loved one or a friend, remember that God is still faithful. When you receive the worst kind of news you could ever receive about one of your children or family members, remember that God is still faithful.  When the landlord tells you have to move and you have no place to go, remember that God is still faithful.  When those situations and trials come your way, remember that God has not abandoned you even though you may think He has, He’s still faithful and will see you through.  As Solomon said, “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (“Proverbs 3:5-6).  “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart”  (Jeremiah 29:11-13).  I promise you, He’s faithful.
 
Sing:  There’s not an hour that he is not near us, No not one! No not one! No night so dark but his love cannot cheer us, No not one! No not one!
Jesus knows all about our struggles, he will guide til the day is done; there’s not a friend like the lowly Jesus, No not one! No not one.

No comments:

Post a Comment