Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 December 23 - Morning Manna

"He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name" (Psalms 111:9)
 
Today's Morsel:  One of the things I like about reading God's Word is that He speaks to us through it.  God often gives His promises to us through His Word.
The Psalmist said, "He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions"(Psalms 107:20).  Notice, He sent his Word and healed them. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:1;14).  It may not heal you physically at all times, but it can and will heal you spiritual and emotionally. It can deliver you from evil and corrupt thoughts, and build you up from low-self esteem and emotions.  The psalmist said, "He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name."  In other words, He sent atonement for human sin.  He sent salvation, deliverance, liberation, recovery, and release to His people.  That little baby born in Bethlehem wasn't just any child, this was your and my redeemer; Jesus Christ.
 
Sing:  I will praise my Redeemer, and His heavenly power I'll tell, How the victory He giveth over sin, death, and hell.
 Sing, oh, sing of my Redeemer with His blood He purchased me, on the cross He sealed my pardon, paid my debt and made me free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment