Saturday, December 14, 2013

2013 December 14 - Morning Manna

"But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre, And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain"
(John 20:11-12).
 
Today's Morsel:   Sometimes when we look at a picture or at something, we may not see what others see at first. But when we look again, we may be able to see what they see or see something totally different.   Imagery can sometimes be hard to figure out. The Bible offers us allegory, examples, and parables to bring out a truth or major importance of a story.  At first, we can miss what is being spoken or shown.  But after a second look, we may be able to figure things out and gain understanding.  For example, my wife and I were once giving a lady a Bible study.  As we allowed her to read the scripture outlined in the study, all of a sudden she began to shout out, "I see it! I see it!"  I asked her, "What do you see?"  She said, "I see that Jesus is God!"  With tears and excitement of joy in her heart of this new found truth, she said to me, "I want to be baptized in Jesus name."  When Peter and John looked into the same tomb the same as Mary, they didn't see the two angels.  Even Mary didn't see them at first.  But when she stooped and looked again into the sepulchre, she saw them.  Elijah's servant didn't see the cloud at first either, but after several looks, he saw a cloud about the size of a man's hand.  And the prophet told him to go tell the king the rain is on its way (my wording).  Sometimes, it just may take a second look to find what you are looking for.  As my wife always says, "It'll be in the last place you look."
 
Sing:  On Calvary's hill of sorrow, where sin's demands were paid, and rays of hope for tomorrow across our paths were laid.

I see a crimson stream of blood, it flows from Calvary, its waves which reach the throne of God, are sweeping over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment