Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013 December 4 - Morning Manna

And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them: And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. (Job 1:13-22)
 
 Today's Morsel:  Probably one of the most gut wrenching feelings one can have is the unexpected loss of a loved one or friend.  That unexpected news of a death  and loss often takes us by surprise and seems to rock our faith foundation.  The why questions begin to invade our minds.  We seem to hit a low point in our lives and some people even have troubles trying to get back to the top of the mountain.  How can one pull themselves through this darkness of night and get themselves back to the light of day?  Prayer can help us. True friends can be a comfort to us.  But I believe that if we have and maintain a strong relationship with Jesus at all times, He will give us the strength and power to overcome and to raise us up during any unforeseen mishaps. There are many things we can do while we are still in our right minds. We can talk about these things. We can do as Job and keep our loved ones before the Lord in prayer.  We can look and keep in our hearts all the good qualities and things that others do and have done.  The quickest way to get back to the light, is to worship even in our loss.
 
Sing:  Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little to ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus, loves me; yes, Jesus loves me; Yes, Jesus, loves me; for the Bible tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment